Sunday, May 18, 2008

Something to think about

I was just getting ready to compose a blog piece on how wasteful we are of food. I don't think our household is as bad as the average, but I am cognisant of the food we throw away. Part of the problem is that packaging and portions are suited mostly to families of 4. So families of 2 (like us) can't typically find a lot of packaged food in smaller portions. I've blogged about this before.

Then I saw a link to this New York Times article about how much food gets wasted (in the US) every year. I wish I knew the solution. I've even said to Darlene on occasion, "Wouldn't it be neat if when we had some good food we didn't need, we could call someone or bring it somewhere to be put to good use - regardless of the quantity or time of day or night?"

No comments: