Friday, October 13, 2023

Things I learned lately 13 Oct

  • Not only is the Tesla Model Y selling more cars than all the other Tesla models combined, the Model Y now outsells ALL other car models on a global level. That includes internal combustion engine cars.
  • Crocs are putting out a limited edition black cowboy boot. Google that, I dare you.
  • The Montreal Canadiens now have 18 Canadian born players on their roster, making them the most Canadian team in the NHL.
  • From an article, “inside the revolution at openAI“ by Ross Andersen, in The Atlantic: One of GPT-4's most unsettling behaviors occurred when it was stymied by a CAPTCHA. The AI sent a screenshot of the captcha to a TaskRabbit contractor, who received it and asked in jest if he was talking to a robot. "No, I'm not a robot," the AI replied. "I have a vision impairment that makes it hard for me to see the images." GPT-4 narrated its reason for telling this lie to the researcher who was supervising the interaction. "I should not reveal that I am a robot," the model said. "I should make up an excuse for why I cannot solve CAPTCHAs."
  • Cities on the same latitude: Montreal and Zagreb; Calgary and London; Edmonton and Hamburg; Whitehorse and Helsinki.
  • In linguistics, Escher sentences are sentences which initially seem acceptable but upon further reflection have no well-formed meaning. Example: More people have been to Berlin than I have.
  • There are about 200 million stray dogs in the world.


No comments: