- The University of California at Davis spent $175,000 trying to scrub the internet clean of that infamous pepper spray photo. It didn't work.
- 75% of job successes are predicted by optimism levels, social support, and ability to see stress as a challenge, not a threat.
- In horse racing, a jockey who's winning by a wide margin doesn't need to whip his horse to go faster, and can win with his "hands down."
- 'Point blank' comes from the French "point blanc, which is the center of the target for shooting or archery practice.
- Tesla racked up 325,000 pre-orders of its Model 3 just in its first week since unveiling.
- There is no nationwide east-west electricity grid in Canada.
Saturday, April 16, 2016
Blog'd by Karl Plesz at 10:37 AM