Wednesday, September 01, 2010

First there was apathy. Now there's excitement.

When the reality of a civic election in October sunk in, I was not excited. Or amused. It seemed like nothing was going to change. If anything it looked like things were going to get worse. The front runners looked to be Dr. No and Mrs. Doubtfire (Alderman Ric McIver and TV newswoman come politician Barb Higgins). Don't ask, it just popped into my head.

Neither of them inspire me at all. So I was just about to give up on the mayoral race when I came across Naheed Nenshi. All of a sudden, I'm excited again. My views on municipal affairs fall right into line with this contender and with any luck, I'm going to be granted an interview with the guy. Watch this space.

In the meantime, I think this video gives a pretty good introduction to Mr. Nenshi, in case you know little about him. Here's his web site.

No comments: