Sunday, January 24, 2010

Let's be picky

I discovered Loungeburger on one of my drives past Stampede Park months ago and made a note of it. After checking their menu out online, I knew I had to try this place. They look like a contender. Who knows, maybe they'll become my new favourite place to eat a burger indoors (because Rocky's Burger Bus has the outdoor venue sewn up). Today I had my chance to go.

They've got appetizers. They've got sliders (5 different kinds!). They've got 15 pre-assembled burgers on the menu. But the build-your-own part of the menu is the most impressive.

Pattie? How about 3 kinds of beef, bison, elk, sausage, lamb, chicken, turkey, tuna, salmon and veggie? Buns? 6 kinds (although they only had kaisers when I was there (BOO! Not good). Add to that a wide variety of veggies, sauces, extra meats (like bacon) and cheeses and you've got yourself a potential recipe for the perfect burger.

I had the bison with cheddar and sautéed onions and sweet pickles on a kaiser (my only choice for bun - good thing that's what I wanted) and home style fries. Now when I saw that on the menu, all I could think was, "Yeah, right. By home style, they probably mean frozen." That's where I was pleasantly surprised. They're real, fresh, tender home-cut fries. I actually called the manager over and begged them not to change that. Ever. Oh yeah - the burger was decent too. I walked out with a big smile on my face and a very full belly.

Loungeburger..... you are now my new official favourite indoor place to eat a burger. Well done.

No comments: