Sunday, January 24, 2010

It's not just me, right?

Holiday Inn is offering a trial human bed-warming service at three hotels in the UK this month. If you request it, a willing staff-member will dress in an all-in-one fleece sleeper suit, then slip between the sheets. The bed-warmer uses a thermometer to measure the bed's required temperature of 20 degrees Celsius (68 Fahrenheit).

Holiday Inn said the bed warmer would be fully dressed and leave the bed before the guest occupied it. They could not confirm if the warmer would shower first, but said hair would be covered.

A spokesperson for Holiday Inn admitted this was quirky. The idea is that there's scientific evidence to show that a warm bed is a good way to get to sleep faster.

I'm just trying to imagine this. I'm in my room and there's a strange person in my bed. Then they leave and I get in it while it's still warm? I'm a little weirded out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this was actually covered on "Wait Wait Don't Tell me" this morning when I listened to it at work.

What I ax you is wrong with an electric blanky or a blanket warmer?

Also those memory mattress pads are very warm. I don't want someone rolling around on MY sheets unless I invite them. Retro