Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Trying my hand at interviewing... for a worthy cause

As most of my readers probably already know, I have been a volunteer at the Loose Moose Theatre Company since August 2007. I joined to get involved with improvisation, watch and learn from some of the best in the industry. Although my path has been a slow and steady one, I try to offer my time to the company when I can - usually once or twice a month on average. I came to the realization that Loose Moose doesn't get a lot of free publicity, so I offered up my blog as a means of getting the word out and highlighting some of the great folks who keep the place humming along.

So over the next few months, you will see interviews being posted on my blog. Some of them will be text transcripts, either because the interviews were conducted by email or because the audio of the interview didn't pass muster. Some interviews will be audio files posted online that you can listen to with your favourite mp3 player. The logistics of that process are still being finalized, but it should turn out well.

The first interview will be with the artistic director of Loose Moose, Mr. Dennis Cahill. The rest of the interviews will be with other company members, past and present, of varying degrees of experience. It's going to be a blast.

Stay tuned.

No comments: