Tuesday, September 02, 2008

If you don't ask......

So let's recap my journey down acting street. On sufficient prodding from Darlene, I took an introductory course on acting, which introduced me to some ultra-cool people and ended up getting me invited to act up for kids at 2 successive Law Day events, plus put me on the trail to Loose Moose improv theatre, where I've been learning improv for a year now. I also dabbled in less improv-related acting training through Company of Rogues, where I got to try more structured acting.

So, although the journey is far from complete, I decided to revisit the intro to acting course to review the fundamentals again. But I had a novel idea. Rather than take the course again, why not offer to assist? It was a long shot, but you know how it goes, no asky - no getty. Well, I'm in! I get to participate in the class as a volunteer assistant! This is going to be great.

I'm still struggling to come to terms with where my path will lead me, not yet convinced that I'm a natural performer, but may be suited more to writing, directing............ or teaching. Stay tuned!

No comments: