Friday, September 07, 2007

Report from Caerdydd # 3(that's Welsh)

I crammed as much sightseeing into my last day in Cardiff as I could, which included a visit to their city hall (sounds boring but it's filled with history and art) and a tour of Cardiff Castle. That is my first visit inside a castle and although it is small, its story is most interesting. Unfortunately, they don't allow pictures inside the mansion, so I was limited to pictures of the grounds only. The picture here isn't mine. I could ramble on, but there's a decent article on the place here.

Yes........ I'm still having to ummmm share in Cardiff's secret yet generous free internet service.

Tomorrow, it's off to the coast (Bournemouth), but on the way there we're making a side trip to Stonehenge! Hopefully, the locals take kindly to my making like a druid and dancing naked around the place.......

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun Karl but please no pictures of the dancing

Dafydd aka Dvd

My Dad was from

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiliogogogoch

that's in North Wales

Karl Plesz said...

Now that's a mouthful. It's also got twice as many vowels as a typical Welsh word. I'm serious.