Monday, September 10, 2007

I'm smoking it right now....

Facebook. What a can of worms that's turning into. I hear just as many people complain about as praise it, yet they still use it like electronic crack cocaine (ergo the post title). I think it's a brilliant idea, but it's starting to try to be too many things. A place to share your photos - brilliant. But unless I'm mistaken, only Facebook members can see them. The majority of applications are lame for the most part, My Questions being the exception for me. I'd like to do a poll that asks users: "Of all the people you have as friends, how many of them do you actually communicate with?" I'd bet the number is fairly small. I'd also be curious to know if anyone has yet to suffer the humility of being removed as a friend someone else's list on Facebook. I know one person who has (and you need not step forward).

The thing I get the biggest kick out of is people's profiles. I guess some folks don't get it that if you join, you were meant to join as you - using your real name. That's the whole point, so that others can find you. Pardon my French, but if you join Facebook under a nom de plume and use a photo of a goat for your profile, you're just a poseur and a voyeur, plain and simple.

No comments: