Saturday, September 29, 2007

[chanting] Ca-na-da! Ca-na-da! [chanting stops]

There is finally serious competition in the online music market. iTunes no longer has a monopoly, as Amazon has gotten in on the act. Best part - all their mp3 files are DRM-free!

Now for the bad news - Amazon.com doesn't sell to anyone outside the US and Amazon.ca is not selling mp3s............. yet. Let's hope that changes. Soon. I've already wrote them to complain.

[Update] I got an answer from my complaint. Amazon.ca basically has no immediate plans to offer mp3s for sale in Canada. Can someone from Canada please offer up a good selection of cheap online music that is DRM-free whose name is not Apple? Anyone?

2 comments:

Bernie May said...

Not main-stream yet, but have you tried Emusic?

Karl Plesz said...

Yes, I know all about them. Most of the artists I'd be after are not on that site.