Saturday, May 05, 2007

I can't keep it a secret any longer......

I've been keeping a secret from my loyal readers and it's driving me crazy. I didn't want to say anything so as not to jinx the outcome, but I just can't stand it anymore.

If you've been reading this blog a while, you already know about our creative offerings (starring Bernie May and yours truly), Great White North II. You also know that the original hosers, played by Dave Thomas and Rick Moranis, were to be reprising their roles in the upcoming 24 anniversary of Strange Brew special.

What you didn't know is that the producers of the show saw our videos on the internet and wanted to hear our story. Long story short - the original hosers themselves screened select episodes and a few seconds of one 'may' end up on the program as an example of fan videos. At this point, the chances are quite low that our material will air, because as the producers explained to me, they have way too much stuff already to possibly fit into an hour-long show as it is.

But I was thrilled just to be discovered by these folks, ecstatic that we'll get to see the hose-heads on TV again, even for a short time. So, if you do happen to watch the show on the upcoming long weekend (CBC, 20 May at 9pm - check local listings), watch for us - you never know...... Of course I will keep you informed of any developments.

[update] It's official - we are not in the show. There was just too much material to fit us in. Oh well.

No comments: