Thursday, May 17, 2007

100 things in 100 days - number 30

30. I can sing (well at one time I could).

Most folks have never heard me sing. But the ones that have were astonished. Back in 1994, my brother-in-law started up a karaoke business in Ontario and he invited me out to a bar one night to help him warm up the crowd. When the night was over, he privately said to Darlene, "Holy shit! I didn't know Karl could sing..!" Now of course my pipes aren't anywhere near as good as they would have been 20-30 years ago, but if there was an Old Farts Idol contest....... I'd kick some ass.

Picture by this person.

1 comment:

yoo hoo said...

I used to be a singer. I have sung all over the world in some of the grooviest places. I however have not sung in years. Only with the radio. It's a sad lost art, huh?