Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Did I learn anything?

So, after 2 terms and 22 classes of acting, what did I learn?

I learned that emotion helps the audience identify with and remember a story. I learned that being a good actor requires attention to detail. I learned that miming is difficult, but fun. I found out that there are infinite ways to say something, not just with your voice, but with your body and soul. I discovered how easy it is to get distracted by what is going on around you. I became aware of the concept of space. I learned that acting opposite another actor requires an element of trust, awareness of cues both verbal and not. I figured out that I like improvisation. I explored the concept of communication via non-verbal methods. I learned about status, especially how you can steal it - or how it can be stolen from you in a scene. I discovered how you can create a story just with a look. I learned how fun it is to sculpt other actors and even be sculpted.

I still don't know if I can act, but I do know I have fun trying.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course you can act. quoting some Englishman "the world is a stage and we are meer players" or something like that

Bill Wigglestick