Tuesday, March 27, 2007

100 things in 100 days - number 83

83. I like architecture and interior design.

It started in high school - I took technical drawing as an elective. But I lost interest after we were only given bolts and nuts to draw.

I wanted to draw buildings. I drew buildings in my spare time. Whole cityscapes. I fell in love with the European flavoured architecture of downtown Montreal, both the modern and the classical. Montreal has it all. Look at the Olympic Stadium and Habitat. The "Big O" was decades ahead of its time - the main reason it cost so much and barely held together.

My appreciation for good interior design is part of the reason I like visiting lottery prize homes. Of course it's nice to dream, but ask Darlene - I spend most of the visits critiquing the layout and motif. I'm not sure if I have the talent necessary to design anything, but I know what I like.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought the reason it cost so much was Union and Government corruption.

anonymous 2

Karl Plesz said...

Well.... yeah.... there's that too.