Tuesday, September 19, 2006

High School Meme

Here's a new meme that was started by an alumni of the high school I went to (Lake of Two Mountains High School - LTMHS):

Student: Karl Plesz
Born: Ville de Saint Laurent (Montreal) 1961
Graduation year: 1978
Address: Calgary
Current homework assignment: Training Developer / Trainer in a high tech multinational corporation.
Would your teachers have predicted what you do now? I really don't think so. I was focused on everything but school back then.
Career regrets: Wish I had tried university or even college for that matter. I feel like I missed out on some unique experiences.
Smartest payoff: Joining the military in 1979.
Worst time in high school: Pretty much all of it. I was a scrawny, pimple-faced geek who had no chance whatsoever with the ladies.
Best time in high school: The bright spot was when the ne'er-do-wells sort of tolerated me thanks to my new friend - a big guy named Christopher. I really enjoyed hanging out at Mario's Pool Hall across the street.
How did the Mantle rate you? If I had a Mantle (our yearbook), I'd be able to tell you. I have no idea.
Favourite teacher: Tie: Mr. Patrick (English) and Mr. Gaspar (Math). Mr. Gaspar used to bring us bagels from downtown Montreal almost every week.
Future challenges: To continue to find work opportunities that challenge my brain and soothe my soul. I really want to go into business for myself. Someday...........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

With the excepttion of the year, this sounds just like my husband. His 30 year reunion was a couple of weeks ago and he says most of those people peaked in high school. Glad we get smarter as we get older.