Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Cruel universe

I love a good breakfast out. One of my fave places to go for breakie is Ricky's. I guess my one complaint is that I don't get to go often enough.

So this morning I dropped my car off at the dealership for some routine maintenance. Now I've got a couple hours to kill, so I head down and across the street to Chinook Mall to kill time and maybe get a coffee and some breakfast. After wandering around for a bit, I finally settle in at a table at Chinook's glorious food court, with a coffee and a muffin. My table is right by the east-facing 75 foot tall windows - perfect for watching the sun come up, which it in fact is about to do. I unwrap my muffin, pick off a piece, thinking to myself, "I could've had a better breakfast than this". Then I look out the window, take in the beautiful colours of the dawn and look across the street to see........................ the Ricky's restaurant that I totally forgot about.

Stupid.......... brain!

No comments: