Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Miss who?


So I am told that Miss Canada won Miss Universe. Wait a sec. When did Miss Canada win Miss Canada? My sources tell me the Miss Canada contest was abolished in 1992, due to "production costs and that pageantry is no longer the best way to portray Canadian women". So.... uh.... how did Natalie Glebova get her crown? Are we holding secret pageants in the basement of the Pantages in Toronto? So we don't think it's appropriate to portray one of our women this way to Canadians, but it's OK to parade her this way in another country? Posted by Hello

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

who cares, she HOT!

Jeff, CA5

Karl Plesz said...

I knew someone would put that spin on it - I just didn't know it would be you Jeff....

Anonymous said...

I was going to put that spin on it too, but I was busy drooling at the picture and hating her for being pretty.
I live in paradox. And drool puddles.

Anonymous said...

www.beautiesofcanada.com has the rights to send a girl to Miss Universe. They took over the Miss Canada franchise a few years ago.
Natalie Glebova competed in 2004 but didn't win, and gave it another shot in 2005 and took the Canadian title, then won Miss Universe.