Sunday, May 01, 2005

Brush with greatness

Here are the celebrities I've run into so far (I'm not including politicians in this list):

John Candy - rode the elevator at the Delta Hotel in Montreal with him, then got his autograph.
Dan Aykroyd - bumped into him coming into a Consumer's Distributing in Kingston Ontario.
Dave Thomas (of SCTV fame) - saw him on the main drag in Kingston.
Kim Mitchell (musician) - passed him walking on Queen St in The Beaches area of Toronto.

How about you? Had any brushes with greatness?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've had my brush with greatness for fourty four years running. This person is a very good friend and advisor, who is well known in the auto world. And my father. !!!

Anonymous said...

I saw Mordecai Richler in Harrod's in London, some girl from Party of Five (though I don't know if I;d call that greatness!), sat behind the guy that was the bossy radio announcer in good morning vietnam on a ride at Universal Studios. We were at a party where the Respectables played before they started to hit the big time...not sure how big they are outside of Quebec though...heidi

Anonymous said...

I met Michael Ironside (V, Total Recall, The Last Chapter) at the Bay (when Deerfoot mall was a shopping mall) about 12 years ago. He was shopping for Jeans for a movie he was shooting in Banff at the time. Got his autograph.

Also met Ace Frehley in a "meet and greet" in the 80's. Got his autograph too.

Jeff, CA5

Anonymous said...

I saw Elvis yesterday. The king has not left the building!!