Sunday, April 17, 2005

No gas needed for this little beastie


For the last little while, I've been toying around with the idea of getting Darlene a scooter to tool around the neighbourhood with. Truth be told, I'm more interested in the idea than she is. The concept EC-02 scooter from Yamaha (pictured above) is around 100 pounds and is all electric. A 6 hour charge gets you a 40 kilometre range with a top speed of 30km/h. Not fast, but this little bad boy can be folded up and tossed in the trunk. I just thought it was a cool item. The link is not English.Posted by Hello

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks cool, I'd like to try one out. I think that eventually, Americans, Canadians are going to have to change their habits. As in riding more motorcycles, scooters, taking the bus and so on. Look at some Asian countries, they use mostly bikes. But for different reasons I suppose...

Anonymous said...

Harry and I purchased a 1974 Honda PC 50 last spring. (It's a moped) They are so much fun to boot around on, but you really have to be careful on Edmonton Trail as other motorists don't realize you're a vehicle too! For a $2 fill up - we could go to Edmonton and back (provided we had a week to make the trip) Our little scoot will do about 35 mph. Another great feature of our bike is that it's got a 4 stroke engine - no mixing the gas and oil, most of the newer bikes are 2 strokes. I have to say the best feature of our bike is that it's just really cool!

-Sheri