Saturday, August 07, 2004

Stay home Lassie!

I just had to get this off my chest:

Dog owners - leave your dogs home when you go out in your vehicle. I doubt very much that dogs want to stay cooped up in your vehicle, or tied up to a post outside a store or whatever. Especially when it's very hot outside. Another thing that bugs me is dogs in the back of pickup trucks. They're flailing around as you careen around corners. It's a wonder they don't go flying off the truck (or maybe sometimes they do). Sometimes I see this when it's freezing cold and the poor barker is trying to stay warm. You wouldn't do this to a child, so why is it OK for a dog (or any other pet)?

I just don't get it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Karl I agree I think it's pretty bloody shitty of people to leave dogs in pick ups and cars.. :( poor dogs.. I think that there should be a law against it.

Miranda

Sheri said...

Hi Karl- We take our little dog Mickey with us sometimes when we are running errands. He loves to go for truck rides (we drive an SUV) and look out the windows (of course the doggie boogers all over the windows prove this) We don't take him along if we're going to be out of the truck for any length of time nor do we take him when the weather is exreme, either hot or cold. I agree with you regarding people who put their little pets in the back of a pick-up truck. How are they going to feel when Rover jumps/flies out of the truck? It's all about being a responsible pet owner. They (dogs) enjoy the excursion, but it shouldn't be at the risk of their health.