Sunday, September 10, 2023

Things I learned lately 10 Sep

  • Calgary has broken a new record for the number of smoke hours recorded in a single year at 453 hours in 2023 so far.
  • The Rolling Stones are releasing the first album of new material in 18 years, Hackney Diamonds.
  • I think McDonalds is a great example of dynamic pricing of product / service based on market value as it relates to supply versus demand in real time. I say this because every time I go and order the exact same breakfast, even from the same store, the amount I owe always seems to be different. For real though, I discovered the reason is because the person at the till an apply a variety of discounts such as bundled products specials and senior discounts. I guess some days I look like a senior, some I don’t.

  • KD now comes in ‘poutine’ flavour.
  • In 2021 , there were just over 27,000 vehicles stolen from Ontario alone, according to a recent report by the Canadian Financing and Leasing Association. That's a car stolen at a rate of every 17 minutes.
  • Switzerland is building a dam in front of a dam because the original (Spitallamm) dam is old and cracked.
  • The PWHL (Professional Women’s Hockey League) is a go. Their first set of teams will be in Boston, Montreal, New York, Ottawa, Toronto and Minneapolis-St. Paul.


No comments: