Friday, September 29, 2023

Small things 29 Sep

  • I’m not saying that I’m looking forward to the NHL hockey season much, but I just changed my ringtone to the old theme music for Hockey Night in Canada.
  • I just watched my first vehicle repossession (not mine) out my window at work.
  • The most confusing thing about the English language: When someone says, “This is my baby.” they could literally be referring to anything. A car. A pet. A computer. A spouse. A stereo system. Even a baby. 
  • Quick question: Is the phrase “going to chipotle with aristotle" funnier if you mispronounce chipotle, or aristotle? Or both?
  • I’m sorry but candy corn does not look like corn. Miniature traffic safety cones maybe, but not corn.
  • A meeting without food should be an email.
  • Scuffle. Brawl. Melee. Altercation. Grapple. Scrimmage. Spar. Them’s fightin’ words.
  • Home is not where you were born; home is where all your attempts to escape cease. ~Naguib Ahfouz
  • If you want resolutions to issues that won’t get tackled by the two main political parties, then you have to pressure the government to adopt proportional representation. It’s as simple as that. 
  • Je m’aple syrup.
  • Biscuits and gravy is pretty much just really wet flour poured onto really dry flour.
  • We didn’t have to wear bike helmets when I was young. If we fell, we just……. Sorry, what was the question?
  • The little mini rye chips / toasts in the party mix. Mine.

Resuable shopping bag#1: Do you think he’s going to remember to bring some of us into the grocery store this time?

Resuable shopping bag#2: Sshhh! [snicker]

Me inside the grocery store: “Dammit! Not again.”



No comments: