Friday, September 22, 2023

Small things 22 Sep

  • My prediction: The UCP will promise the moon prior to a referendum on an AB pension to replace the CPP, and if the majority says 'yes, give us our own pension plan', only then will we find out that much of what was promised can't be delivered. If my prediction comes true, I hope a giant class action lawsuit is filed to undo the pension grab.
  • The only thing I’d want my child’s teachers to inform me is how well they’re doing in school.
  • There will come a day, not too far in the future, when car makers start bragging about how awesome and special their electric motors are, in the way they used to do about their gas combustion engines.
  • Why doesn’t someone invent a clear toaster so you can see how brown your toast is while it’s toasting?
  • Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don't resist them; that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.  -Lao Tzu
  • How many times do I need to rinse a spoon in the sink before I finally realize the water’s gonna go everywhere?
  • At a certain point in adult life, it just becomes a game of putting things in places wondering if you’re ever going to remember where you put them again.
  • Having never seen one most of my adult life, the first time I ever saw a pneumatic tube delivery system, I thought I had been transported into the movie Brazil.
  • One of the cruelties of life is that when you’re in your 20s nobody tells you that in the next few decades or so, you’ll gain 5 pounds if you even smell a cookie, and you’ll pull a neck muscle if you sneeze weirdly. Now that I think about it, it’s probably because nobody would believe it.
  • The people who named Greenland and Iceland must have had an awesome sense of humour.
  • Dad joke: Do you know what drives me up the wall? Those power stair chair thingies.
  • OK, look. Will the people who manufacture those point of sale ‘tap-to-pay’ terminals make up their goddamned mind? Either I tap the screen or I tap the top. Pick one. Then make them ALL like that.
  • There are these two adorable huskies on my neighbourhood walking route that I see most times. One of them is super chill and doesn’t react much when I come by to chat with them. The other one is a total lunatic and vocalizes every time.


No comments: