Sunday, September 10, 2023

Small things 10 Sep

  • “I tell ya guys if you wanna worry about things, we are living in a great time.” ~Bill Nye
  • “Our band is Paper. We’ll be covering some rock for you this evening.”
  • Canada is one of the leading countries in the world at developing high speed rail studies.
  • One day some of us burned a CD for the last time, but we didn’t know it was the last time.
  • When the server with the parmesan cheese grater asks if I want cheese on my pasta, I’ll say YES, then when they offer, “Say when.” I like to just let them put a ton on to see if they flinch.
  • Feeling good about the cheap hot dog you got at Costco after spending $437 on stuff.
  • “Who wants my leftover bacon?” ~Said nobody. Ever.
  • Whoever named it a urinal cake missed an opportunity to call it a piscuit.
  • All those times you really needed to speak to your mother and she looks at you mouthing, “I’m on the phone.”
  • When you're showing someone a movie you like, and they get up to use the bathroom, so you pause it and they say "just let it keep playing".
  • A fun, gender-neutral way to begin a speech: "Gentlefolk, Ferals, and Domesticated Cryptids".
  • If the coffee barista puts oat milk in my coffee by accident and tries to justify it by saying, “Sorry, you look like an oat milk kind of person”, is that hate speech?
  • Wikipedia built the modern version of the library of Alexandria using only nerds’ need to correct each other.
  • Just for the fun of it, I think I’ll start my work emails with “I hope this email finds you well…” Let’s see how that goes.


No comments: