Thursday, December 29, 2022

Small things 29 Dec

  • George Santos: “I’m not Jewish, I’m jew-ish.”
  • The only Christmas present from the 1970s that I can remember: Lite Brite.
  • I think I may now qualify as a ‘prolific writer’.
  • My wife uses our Google Home to add things by voice to our shopping list. Google Home doesn’t understand her very well. Our shopping list is hilarious.
  • To save on a lot of wasted wrapping paper, tape and garbage, consider getting some nicely decorated gift boxes and re-using those every year under the tree. We’ve been doing that for a few years now and it’s great!
  • I think residents of Yakutia (Republic of Sakha) would chuckle at our -30C temperature woes. They can get as low as -50C (-56F) on average, but have gone as low as -71C (-96F).
  • Some say that Canada is their favorite country. We say it’s our favourite.
  • What doesn’t kill you mutates and tries again.
  • 1978: Willie Nelson releases "Mamas don’t let your babies (grow up to be cowboys)"        
            1996 (18 years later): Paula Cole releases "Where have all the cowboys gone?"
  • Air fryers are so funny because, like, “That’s an oven.”
  • In 1920 we took children out of the coal mines. In 2020 the most popular video game is Minecraft. The children yearn for the mines.


No comments: