Friday, September 04, 2020

Small things 4 Sep

  • In order to empathize with someone's experience you must be willing to believe them as they see it and not how you imagine their experience to be. ~BrenĂ© Brown
  • Canada should launch a trade investigation into to assess the impact of American exports of general assholishness and douchebagery. (In response to Trump wanting to launch a trade investigation to assess the impact of our lobster exports)
  • Is smacking someone upside the head an acceptable way to check for fever?
  • The longer you wait to buy video games, the cheaper they get.
  • Whenever a store employee asks me if they can help me, I usually say, "Can you help me find my wife?" It usually gets a smile, but one time, the employee said, "I might be able to get you an upgrade..." I laughed, politely declined and said, "I'm going to tell her you said that."
  • Am I the only one who has a smug smile on my face whenever someone races past me only to stop at the next traffic light?
  • North Americans call it gas, but it's not even. It's a goddamned liquid.
  • Which came first, pie the chart or pie the baked good?
  • Alternate word for 'asthma': breathn't
  • Alternate word for 'wake': unsleep.

No comments: