Saturday, January 12, 2019

A not so nice Christmas present

My wife and I went to Spruce Grove to visit our daughter and her fiance and his extended family on Christmas Eve. We had a nice dinner at their house. There weren't a lot of empty spaces on the street near their home, so we parked on the street directly across the street from their home. We checked, there were no signs indicating permit parking or any restrictions.

When dinner was over and we went out to pack the car with stuff, we noticed a note left on the windshield. It had been written by the resident of the house we parked in front of (he even admitted as much later to my daughter). The note was hand written and went on for several pages about how we should not have parked in front of their house, etc. Lots of expletives. Threats of towing the car.

I handed the note to my daughter and another guest at the dinner went to check if they had a note too, as they had parked right in front of me, also in front of the home across the street. Sure enough - another note. Same person, more expletives, more threats.

I was worried that maybe he had done something to the car and my first thought was the tires. They were OK. But it was dark and the car was covered in road dirt and snow so that's all I could tell at the time.

Fast forward a couple of days later and I took the car for a hand wash. Much to my surprise and dismay, the cleaned off dirt and grime revealed that the car had gotten keyed on the passenger side, closest to the house we had parked in front of. The scratches went right down to the metal. This would not buff out. My car's paint was in near mint condition. Not anymore.

I called my daughter to ask her to ask the other guest to check if they had suffered any damage and sure enough, they had been keyed as well. Same side of the car, even more extensively than mine (I have pics of both).

Now, under other circumstances, one could easily argue that the vandalism is coincidental with our visit, even though it happened to two cars parked beside each other. But the notes pretty much, in my opinion, made it clear who did it. What an idiot. If he had just keyed the cars and not left those threatening notes, we might not have put two and two together. Especially if I never bothered to call and ask if anyone else experienced any damage.

So, the car is in the shop undergoing $3,400 worth of repair and a cowardly, selfish, disrespectful little shit sits in his house thinking he got the last laugh. I'm waiting to see if our two insurance companies get enough information from the police to go after this guy.


1 comment:

yoo hoo said...

UGH, people are so mean! He'll get his!