- Expatriates comprise about 92% of Dubai's population.
- The median age of Dubai is 27 years old.
- Oslo plans to permanently ban all cars from its city centre by 2019. The Norwegian capital will invest heavily in public transportation and replace 56 kilometres of roads previously dominated by cars with bike lanes.
- Based on the results of recent trials, psilocybin, the active ingredient in magic mushrooms, may eventually be used to help treat severe depression.
- It's a myth that storing batteries in the fridge or freezer will make them last longer. Cold temperatures can actually shorten the life span of your batteries. Also, condensation can cause corrosion or seal damage.
- From 15 June 2017, mobile roaming charges within the EU won't exist anymore (for people with an EU based mobile company's SIM card).
- If apple juice is coloured orange, our brain will be convinced that the taste will be of something that is orange in colour. This explains how drink makers can put a lot of juice types other than what the drink is called and get away with it. Colour influences what we taste.
- Unlimited refills of sugary drinks have officially been banned in France.
- Tim Hortons will be expanding into Mexico, the UK and the Philippines.
Saturday, February 04, 2017
Blog'd by Karl Plesz at 7:16 AM