- 21% of people living in Canada were born somewhere else.
- Apple sold its billionth iPhone.
- Sorbet is non-dairy.
- Bananas will last longer if you wrap their stems in cellophane. That prevents the ethylene gas, which ripens the fruit faster, from escaping.
- The Dasht-e Lut Desert, in Iran can get as hot as 70 C (159 F).
- A Zappos employee broke the record for the longest customer service call ever at 10 hours and 43 minutes.
- Originally, an acre was used to describe the area a yoke of oxen could plow in a day.
- The word fortnight is derived from the Old English fēowertyne niht, meaning fourteen nights.
- A baker's dozen was created as a means of avoiding any chance of shortchanging customers, which in medieval England, was punishable by beatings or jail time.
Saturday, July 30, 2016
Blog'd by Karl Plesz at 7:57 AM