- Using the term 'buck' for a dollar came from pioneer times, when the US traded deer (buck) skins for currency.
- The international airport in Atlanta is the busiest in the world.
- Chinese drivers have been known to run over to kill pedestrians after injuring them, because it is less expensive to pay their death costs that to pay for their injuries for the rest of the person's life.
- In some studies, people who focused on the sound of what they were eating ate less than those who ignored it or couldn't hear it.
- The Emoji bible is a thing now. Insert your own jokes here.
- You are no more 'right-brained' or 'left-brained' than you are right-lunged or left-lunged.
- The 'learning styles' theory is unproven, with no scientific basis.
- Study after study concludes that grading courses reduces their effectiveness. Students remember less and are more consumed with the stress of being graded.
Saturday, June 04, 2016
Blog'd by Karl Plesz at 9:14 AM