- Denmark combats job lock by offering the unemployed 90% of their former salary for 2 years. This empowers employees to speak up about roles they're in that they're dissatisfied with; and it encourages Danish employers to place employees in roles where they'll thrive.
- Danish law provides employees with five weeks of paid time off per year.
- Simon Pegg was in Star Wars, playing the junk dealer Unkar Plutt. He may be the only actor to be in both Star Trek and Star Wars universes.
- Outside of North America, folks don't typically ask people they've just met "What do you do for a living?". People aren't defined by their job.
- Sweden has a phone number. If you call it, you get connected to a random Swedish phone. +46 771 793 336 Long distance charges may apply.
- They can now build solar panels that can also be powered by falling raindrops.
- Showgoers is a Chrome extension that syncs your Netflix watching with a friend or significant other. The extension creates a unique link for your viewing session, which you can send to as many friends as you want. Once you’ve done that, you just click “Begin sync” and off you go. Once synced, anyone with the link can press play and start watching at the same place. When one person pauses or rewinds, it does the same for everyone who is watching.
Friday, April 29, 2016
Blog'd by Karl Plesz at 6:21 PM