- Researchers in Brazil have developed a new anaesthetic technique that could do away with the needle at the dentist's. A small, painless electric current augments a local painkiller (hydrogel, ointment, or spray), and the results is fast-acting and long-lasting.
- I recently found out that my granddaughter's school is using Chromebooks in the classroom. Looks like Google is getting a foothold in education.
- Holding your breath when someone sneezes or coughs near you accomplishes nothing.
- There's a petition trying to stop Kanye West from recording a David Bowie cover album.
- Oil is now cheaper than bottled water, by volume.
- Tesla has a semi-autonomous (SA) car on the road now. Volvo plans to have fully autonomous (FA) by 2017. Tesla plans to have FA cars by 2020, as do Google, Ford, Nissan and Toyota. Mercedes is expecting SA by 2016. Audi anticipates FA by 2019. BMW plans for SA by 2020 and FA by 2025. Honda is planning for SA by 2020 as is Kia.
- Cinnamon Bun Oreos are a thing. I'm guessing US only.
Saturday, January 23, 2016
Blog'd by Karl Plesz at 6:37 AM