Sunday, October 06, 2013

My not-so-favourite things about iOS7

The reminders app now has the ability to create and manage multiple lists. So you could now have a Reminders list, a Grocery list, etc. OK fine. But when you use the app for the first time, you're now at the level (tier?) of the list titles. If you try to do the old trick, "Remind me to get milk at 4pm", all it does is create a new list called 'Remind me to get milk at 4pm'. Which is not what you want. It took me a while to figure this out, but once you get within a list itself, it is capable of dictating reminders and putting time (or place) constraints on them as before. Dumb. That means that in order to dictate a new grocery list item, I'd have to manually navigate to that list first, then dictate the new item. Extra dumb. Come on Apple, the least you could do is get Siri to ask, "Do you want this placed on the current 'Reminders' list, or another list?" If you say 'Another list', Siri should come back with the existing list names to choose from.

The calendar app no longer has a list view. I used to use the list view exclusively as I don't care where my appointments fit within the day, I want to see every appointment coming that will fit on the screen. It turns out that you still can get a list, but the only thing that brings it up is the Search. Dumb. You can't add new appointments in the search view either. You have to tap 'Done', add the new event and then tap the search icon to get back into the list view. Du-umb.

No comments: