Friday, March 08, 2013

Can we have more money please?

My insurance company sent me an offer in the mail this week asking if (because I'm such a good driver) I would like to pay an extra $45 per year premium on my car insurance. This premium would afford me the luxury of having my first at-fault accident ignored (in terms of rate increases) and my second at-fault accident treated as if it were my first. This feature rider is known as accident forgiveness. There are exclusions and the forgiveness doesn't travel with you to any other insurance company. so if you have an accident with the forgiveness company and switch providers, your rate will be higher to start with.

I won't be taking them up on their offer. I prefer the option of not causing any accidents. Also, I prefer the kind of reward that involves less money paid, not more.

1 comment:

Retro Blog said...

Ah, that partially explains the AllState commercials touting accident forgiveness...if you pay for it in fine print. Hmph.