- Paramount actually intended to resurrect Start Trek as a revived TV series in the mid 1970s. Star Wars' success changed their mind to make movies instead.
- In Sweden, most public buses don't accept cash; many things are paid by text message. Some businesses don't accept cash, and some bank offices have stopped handling cash altogether. Bills and coins represent only 3% of Sweden's economy.
- Michael Keaton started his career on Mr. Rogers’ Neighbourhood, where he worked as a puppeteer in 1975.
- Quebec City is building a hockey arena suitable for an NHL team this year. Hey Phoenix!
- Zooey Deschanel's mother, Mary Jo, played on the TV series Twin Peaks.
- At warp one, we could get to Jupiter in 32 minutes. Uranus in 2.4 hours.
- The Russians impacted a probe (Luna 2) on the moon in September 1959. This was the first craft to reach the moon.
- A Toronto City Council committee asked a fully clothed stripper to dance (fully clothed) to give them an idea what goes on in Toronto strip clubs. Ummm.....
- Uranus is bigger than I thought it was. Yes...... I had to.....
- Virgin Boy Eggs, eggs soaked in the urine of boys under 10 years old, collected from primary schools around town, are a delicacy in the city of Dongyang, China.
- The first Italian-style pizzeria opened in New York City in 1905.
- The French used to mix wine with their drinking water to purify it (kill the bacteria).
- Mattel is making a bald Barbie for cancer patients in 2013.
Sunday, April 08, 2012
Blog'd by Karl Plesz at 2:24 PM