Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Who moved my cheese?

There was a time when I was young that I didn't care about organizing my stuff at home. You might even say I was a bit of a slob. Just a bit though, I knew people who were a lot worse than I.

When I was 26, I met Darlene. I moved in a year later and she was tidy. Not a neat freak - just tidy. I started getting organized. It was a gradual process to be sure, but slowly I was getting particular about how my things should be arranged / stored. Now it's bordering on OCD. Not about everything, but certain belongings in certain locations have a very strict arrangement about them.

Darlene thinks it's an age thing. She thinks that our loss of memory as we get older creates a need to get strict about how we organize our stuff so that we can find it again.

She may be on to something. Or is it possible to develop OCD later in life? Maybe it's a manifestation of ego? So many thoughts from such a little brain...

Any thoughts from readers?

No comments: