Friday, February 18, 2011

Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation

While I was in California, I decided to treat myself to a new gadget since the Apple store in Calgary doesn't seem to carry it. In this case, I bought a Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation. It's basically a 3600mAh lithium battery pack that will recharge any device that can get its charge through a USB cable. The juice pack was designed to work with Apple iPhones, iPods and iPads, but it is compatible with pretty much any USB-charged device. It's as light as a feather but can charge at a rate of up to 4 times faster than typical USB connected batteries.

You can use either the iPhone/iPod or iPad wall charger adapter to refill the juice pack - the iPad one will do the job in less time because of output power. I topped up my iPhone which was down to about a half charge and the juice pack's LED indicators only budged from 6 lights (full) to 5, so this baby has lots of power in store. This little power station will be a regular traveller with me now.

1 comment:

EthanTech said...

This hands‑on note about the Mophie Juice Pack Powerstation shows how compact backup batteries can still deliver solid performance. At 3,600mAh it’s lightweight yet capable of fast USB charging, making it a handy travel companion for iPhones and other devices. For users comparing options today, an anker powerstation often provides larger capacity, faster charging speeds, and broader port compatibility—making it a strong alternative for those who want more power without sacrificing portability.