Sunday, December 05, 2010

Supper fail

Had to make a quick trip to a mall in the south end of Calgary tonight (Southcentre Mall). While there, Darlene says "Let's eat here, at the food court." Not my idea of a great time, but here we go.

We go to Sbarro. Get two pizza slices. I never made it past bite two. It was the most awful pizza slice I'd ever eaten in my life. Ever.

So off I go, looking for something else to eat. I go to Bourbon Street Grill. They're out of bourbon chicken. That's life KFC being out of chicken.

Next stop, Opa. The guy at the counter says, "I should tell you up front, we're out of fries and lamb." So no gyros, I surrender. "Nope. No gyros. Sorry."

The universe is trying to tell me something. Oh yeah.... Cinnzeo was out of Peca-rolls. Like seriously - WTF?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there a truck drivers strike blocking deliveries or something? I havent' been to a Mall in quite some time. Worst sandwich I ever had was Western Wyoming, Idaho border, ordered a pastrami and got fried ham on white bread. fer true.Retro

Anonymous said...

I have had it happen more than once that at KFC I am told, we're out of chicken. I didn't even know what to say. Really? No chicken? why are you even open then? To sell drinks?? H.

Karl Plesz said...

That happened to me too. They said I had to wait 25 minutes for the next batch of chicken to be ready.

Today, I heard about a KFC that had run out of white meat. That was today.