Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Good eats in Airdrie

One reason why I don’t weigh 250 pounds is that although I eat a lot of lunches ‘out’ when at work, I have a lot of choices for food other than the dreaded fast food options. One of those options in downtown Airdrie is Anna’s Café Europa on Main Street.

This quaint little café offers a selection of 2 soups every day (which change daily) along with a variety of sandwiches, wraps and paninis. Being a café, they also offer coffees and teas of every variety. But back to the food. The soups are tasty, home-style offerings. If they’re not actually home-made, they fooled me for sure. The sandwiches are made to order with fresh ingredients.

The café is staffed by 3 lovely, smiling, laughing ladies who go out of their way to treat you like a valued customer and dare I say it – make you feel like a friend. I feel like I’m going home for a healthy meal when I eat there. I’ve even been asked how I like my food with sincerity and a real desire for honest feedback.

If you’re ever in Airdrie around lunch time, I highly recommend Anna’s for a quality experience.

No comments: