Saturday, August 28, 2010

A welcome addition to our neighbourhood

Montgomery has been blessed quite recently with the opening of its first gourmet restaurant - Notable. The creation of well-known chef Michael Noble (note his surname framing the restaurant's moniker), Darlene and I were excited to have a potentially good place to eat just a few blocks from our house.

This place is on the ground floor of that new large condo building that was built on Bowness Road near the Mohawk gas station. Inside, it's decor reeks of class and the kitchen is right there in front of you, their wood fired rotisserie roasting anything from pork roasts to whole chickens (man do they look yummy). Outside, you can sit on the patio and watch folks drive by, wondering what the hubbub is about. Could this be Montgomery's first restaurant patio? I think it is.

We went for the first time for some breakfast last Saturday and it was good. But I was anxious to try something I spied on the menu - their burger. You know me and my burgers.... I can now report, it is superb. Thick, cradled in a house made bun and served with....... wait for it..... home cut french fries. Yeah.

Yeah. Welcome to the neighbourhood Mike. I have a feeling that we'll be seeing a lot of each other.

No comments: