Thursday, October 22, 2009

The political spectrum explained

I love this Left vs Right political guide, because rarely do political parties really tell you what their true leanings are, they only mention the good stuff you want to hear.

This 'map' indicates where each side of the political spectrum stands on various ideals, concepts and belief systems. Based on these definitions, I'm definitely a lefty.

This link is the 'world' red = left version. Americans can go here for the Yank colourization.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post Karl. It's so interesting. I even printed it out for my son who is learning about this stuff in school.

Nancy

Karl Plesz said...

To the person who recently commented about my rude comment (which I just removed): Ever since I deleted my comment, yours seems to have vanished. I don't know what happened to it - I didn't delete it, but I can't see it anymore. I'll answer the question anyway. My comment, as aggressive as it was, was in response to a (now deleted) comment from some troll who didn't like my post and had nothing but extremely rude and inflammatory things to say about it and about me. My response, now that the author has deleted their own comment, seems harsh taken out of context, but I felt it was an appropriate response and justified at the time. If you've taken the time to read my 8700+ posts, you know that I am not a rude person. Needless to say, I deleted my response to the rude comment, because out of context, it serves no purpose at all.

Anonymous said...

Sorry, my mistake, I hadn't relizeld it was out of context. I hope I haven't offended you, and I apologise for the misunderstanding.

Karl Plesz said...

No worries. No offense. I totally understand why my original comment would seem over the top. You just had to see the original comment. In a way, I wish it was still there.