Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Messages about messages

My phone recently alerted me that I had received an email message. The email message was an alert that someone messaged me on Facebook. They messaged me on Facebook because they weren't able to get a hold of me on my phone. (OK, I made that last part up)

Am I the only one who thinks this whole business is beginning to spiral out of control? There are times when I really don't care to be in instant contact with the whole world.

No..... really....

It's not you. It's me.

Here are some other annoying things about the internet.

2 comments:

Retro Blog said...

Granted the need to be instantly connected is a hold over from the teenage years. I am well past that and while many of my family members have joined facebook, I have gently not joined. I blog about once a week and for most purposes that will serve. I mean I never intended that my blog be a daily listing of chores completed etc, simply the more goofy ones.

Judah said...

I hate getting e-mails from facebook.

So I turned them off. Facebook time is facebook time, e-mail time is e-mail time. I don't need everything twice.