Thursday, October 22, 2009

Have you ever been anywhere amazing?

Here's a question for my readers, a ploy to get you to chime in.

I ask you:

Where is the most amazing place you've ever visited in your life and why do you consider it so amazing?

My answer is: The Smithsonian Institute in Washington DC. It boggles the mind all of the objects they have collected over the years and that less than 1% of the collection is on display at any one time (so the saying goes). Darlene and I spent 3 days visiting and barely scratched the surface.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Grand Canyon!

Nancy

Bernie May said...

The Berlin Wall, passing through Checkpoint Charlie, 1982 during the Cold War.

In a hotel room with my sweetie, drinking tea on the balcony and watching the guards on duty at Windsor Palace.

Fishing for shrimp on the coast of Denmark, then steaming them and eating them with butter at midnight.

In a hospital room, watching all three of my children being born.

In the neo-natal intensive care unit, watching my newborn daughter deciding to live.

At the alter, seeing the most beautiful woman in the world walk towards me.

In Spain, cheering a woman bullfighter.

At the top of a rock face, looking down and seeing the birds flying beneath me while I dangled from the rope.

Sunset on the Pacific ocean.

At the end of the last road in the Rocky Mountain foothills, killing a bottle of gin with my father and my son during a hunting trip, all sharing stories. I learned my grandfather was killed at the Battle of Kursk leading an infantry defence against Russian tanks.