Friday, September 11, 2009

What is it? - edition 9

This edition of 'what is it?' feels more like my game of 'where is it?', but I'm looking more for the 'what' than the 'where'. So I pose this question to my eager readers: What exactly are those black rectangles? Sorry - no close-up. For a sense of scale, the area with the black rectangles is just over 2000 feet (600m) wide.

[Clue #1] Before anyone starts with 'ponds of black toxic sludge', it's not liquid.

[Clue #2] All that black stuff is there because nobody seems to want it anymore.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it looks like a field array of solar panels
Mitch

Gale said...

chicken coops

Karl Plesz said...

Nay solar array, nay coops.

Anonymous said...

I will guess Ginsing farm

Karl Plesz said...

Not ginseng. Not a farm.

Anonymous said...

A swimming pool factory?

Karl Plesz said...

Not pools, nope.

Dvd1of1 said...

It looks like it's by a river I would say a fish farm but you said it is not liquid so that's out. I give up. Clue time

Dvd

Unknown said...

I would have to say it is shredded tires, found in Hudson, CO

Karl Plesz said...

Andrew is correct, it is a tire dump. Although the tires aren't shredded in those piles - they're whole.