Saturday, July 25, 2009

Be careful what you wish for....

If you know me at all, you know that I have a rather new-age-y outlook on life. I seem to recall saying to people back in the very early part of this year that I needed a good break from work and that work was getting kind of boring. That's not a slight against the job at all, I just felt like I was in a rut.

Well, you know how the saying goes - be careful what you wish for - no sooner did the universe hear my request, I got laid off. If there's one thing I have learned in life it is to resist the urge to freak out over situations like this as I truly do believe that everything happens for a reason. I have been fortunate to be able to use this time off to relax, attend some professional development and spend quality time with my family. As I was walking along the Bow River pathway today, it occurred to me that a lay off could have come in the middle of winter, but no, I got to essentially take the summer off. You have no idea how wonderful that is.

So in the spirit of believing that the universe is listening and ready to grant my every sincere wish, I just want to put out there that I'm feeling relaxed and refreshed and am ready to return to work. To the best job I've ever had.

Round about the end of September.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Right after a nice refresing vacation to the US northwest.