Monday, June 22, 2009

Almost as good as the newest iPhone

I downloaded and installed the 3.0 version of the operating system for my iPhone 3G. Among the highlights of the new OS include copy and paste functionality (which works great); shake to shuffle tunes in the iPod app (very nice); rotate functionality among more apps - including a landscape layout keyboard - which makes the keys bigger (Yay!); Notes sync (Double Yay!); a built-in memo recorder; and a few other features which I don't seem to care about yet.

I waited to install the update for a few days because I had heard through the grapevine that folks were having trouble during the activation phase because of server overload. Mine went without a hitch. Because I have the 3G phone (not the new 3GS phone), I miss out on the compass, video recording and voice control. No biggie.

No comments: