Tuesday, March 31, 2009

One door closes...... another opens

So last night was the final class for the Epcor Intro to Acting for Adults (Term II).

Oh yeah.... did I mention that I've been assisting with the acting class that got me started in this whole mess? Yeah. On a whim, I asked my first acting instructor (Georgette) if she wanted some help with her class a few terms back. She said yes. Imagine that. So I've been volunteering my time on a few Monday nights at the Epcor Centre. Last night was the culmination of yet another term. I even got the chance to go solo with the group and do some improv training. That was so unbelievably fantastic, I decided right then and there to develop an Improv Workshop for Beginners and pitched the idea to Chinook Learning Services, who have apparently accepted. Can you say 'stoked'? That's what I am. What a trip this has been.....

Anyway, all I can say is that Darlene opened quite a can of worms when she pushed me into joining that acting class a few years back. It's been so refreshing to learn something creative and non-technical and then start teaching it to others as best as I can. Who knows where this will lead next.

Oh..... did I mention that I've requested to join a fledgling sketch comedy writing group? Yeah........

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lucky! (best spoken in your Napoleon Dynamite voice)

Anonymous said...

Good on ya, Karl!

Nancy