Saturday, October 18, 2008

When barbers get serious

I got a haircut today. Just when the barber was finished, he turned the chair around so that I faced him, then looked at me with a seriousness normally reserved for times when you need to tell your customer they have a spider's nest living in the back of their head. Then he said, "You know...... you've got a couple of eyebrows that are quite a bit longer than the rest. Would you like me to trim those for ya?"

Amused by the anti-climactic-ness of it all, I couldn't help but laugh and say, "Uh, no. That's OK. I don't mind a few rogue eyebrows."

Roguebrow. Isn't that like the name of a European beer?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cut Mitch's hair for him and when he starts howling like a werewolf, I trim his eyebrows as well. It makes us all happy, ok, Rachel and I, he couldn't care less.

Anonymous said...

Being offered the same service to me as a women customer is shocking, but if she noticed,I decided I had better trim my own from then on. Jeez Louise.

Karl Plesz said...

The thing is... I didn't even know that as a guy, you're supposed to care about eyebrow length. I've been going to barbers for over 45 years and not once did they ever offer to trim my eyebrows. Now all of a sudden, I'm a werewolf?

Anonymous said...

uh, yup. Ask Darlene, she may have seen this coming.