Saturday, October 25, 2008

Costumes galore

Thanks to a tip from my friend Gord, I surprised Darlene today with a visit to a place that up until a week ago, I didn't even know existed. The place is called Momentum Design, just west of Calgary, across the road from Calaway Amusement Park. The place is a costume design outfit for the movie industry, and not just for movies filmed in the Calgary area. There were outfits from the movies Hell Boy, Blade and many more. The warehouse is bigger than I could imagine, with each aisle having 4 rows of hanging costumes high. I'll tell you, if you need a few hundred authentic looking aboriginal period costumes, this is the place to go. We also saw period pieces from the Victorian era, lots of military outfits, wedding dresses and gowns and so much more. If I had to estimate, there were easily 4000+ pieces on display. The place has been open for a few weeks now too, so I'm guessing much of the 'for sale' stuff has already been picked clean.

I couldn't take any pictures in the store, so there's no picture with this post. They have some stuff for sale, but most of (what's left of) the inventory is for rent only. The store is only open to the public for a few more days, then it goes private again, catering only to the movie industry.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Night Poise